JR-EAST Train Reservation Service Agreement
JR-EAST Train Reservation Service Agreement
The following JR-EAST Train Reservation Service Agreement (the "Service Agreement") governs the use by the customers of the seat reservation services (the "Service") offered by the East Japan Railway Company (the "Company"). Please read through the Service Agreement very carefully prior to using the Service, as using the Service indicates that you have agreed to all of the terms and conditions of the Service Agreement.
Article 1 (The Service)
- This Service offers our customers the opportunity to purchase reserved seat express tickets, Green Car and GranClass Car tickets (hereinafter referred to as "Reserved Seat Tickets") for the following trains using the JR-EAST Train Reservation website managed by the Company:
- The Hokkaido Shinkansen: the Hayabusa and Hayate,
- The Tohoku Shinkansen: the Hayabusa, Hayate, Yamabiko and Nasuno,
- The Akita Shinkansen: the Komachi,
- The Yamagata Shinkansen: the Tsubasa and Toreiyu Tsubasa,
- The Joetsu Shinkansen: the Max Toki, Toki, GENBI SHINKANSEN Toki, Max Tanigawa and Tanigawa, and
- The Hokuriku Shinkansen: the Kagayaki, Hakutaka, and Asama
- The Narita Express between the Tokyo metropolitan area and Narita International Airport
- Limited express trains on the following lines
- The Joban Line: the HITACHI and TOKIWA between the Tokyo metropolitan and Mito/Iwaki areas,
- The Chuo Line: the Super Azusa, Azusa and Kaiji between the Tokyo metropolitan and Kofu/Matsumoto areas,
- The Tokaido/Ito and the Izu Kyuko Lines: the Super View Odoriko and Odoriko between the Tokyo metropolitan and Izu areas, and
- The Tobu Railway Line: the Nikko, SPACIA Nikko, Kinugawa and SPACIA Kinugawa between the Tokyo metropolitan and Nikko/Kinugawa areas
- Limited express trains and rapid trains on the following lines
- The Hakodate Line: the Super Hokuto, Hokuto: between the Sapporo metropolitan area and Hakodate,
- The Muroran Line: the Suzuran between Sapporo and Higashi-Muroran,
- The Chitose/Hakodate Line: the Rapid Airport between Otaru and New Chitose Airport,
- The Sekihoku Line: the Okhotsk between the Sapporo metropolitan area and Abashiri, and the Taisetsu between Asahikawa and Abashiri,
- The Soya Line: the Sarobetsu between Asahikawa and Wakkanai, and the Kamui and Lilac between Sapporo and Asahikawa, and the Soya between Sapporo and Wakannai, and
- The Sekisho/Nemuro Line: the Super Tokachi between the Sapporo metropolitan area and Obihiro, and the Super Ozora between the Sapporo metropolitan area and Kushiro
- HIGH RAIL 1375
- IZU CRAILE
- Kirakira Uetsu
- Koshino Shu*Kura (Yuzawa Shu*Kura, Ryuto Shu*Kura)
- POKÉMON with YOU Train
- Resort Asunaro (Shimokita)
- Resort Minori
- Resort Shirakami
- Resort Umineko
- Resort View Furusato
- SL Banetsu Monogatari
- SL Ginga
- SL Minakami (Until Sep.30,2018) / SL Gumma Minakami (After Oct.1,2018)
- SL Usui (Until Sep.30,2018) / SL Gumma Yokokawa (After Oct.1,2018)
- Zipangu (Hiraizumi)
- To use this Service customers are required to register as members of the site (a customer who is registered as a member of the site to use the Service is hereinafter referred to as a "Member").
- The Service is intended for personal use by the Members, who plan to travel within Japan, and is not designed for commercial use by travel agents or other travel business operators. The Company reserves the right to refuse to provide the Service to anyone or any entity the Company determines to be using this Service for commercial purposes. The Company will not offer or make any commission payments for any resale of Reserved Seat Tickets purchased through this Service to a third party.
Article 2 (Validity of Reserved Seat Tickets)
The validity of Reserved Seat Tickets purchased by a Member through this Service shall be determined in accordance with the Company's passenger sales regulations (hereinafter referred to as "Passenger Sales Regulations"), unless otherwise provided in the Service Agreement. The period between the consummation of a contract (described in Article 4) and the issuance of Reserved Seat Tickets (described in Article 5) shall be deemed as the holding period and any tickets held within this period (hereinafter referred to as "Reserved Seat Tickets in Holding") shall be subject to the refund terms pursuant to the Passenger Sales Regulations except here otherwise stipulated by the Company.
Article 3 (Receipt of Booking Applications and Responses)
- The hours during which booking applications through this Service are accepted and the time it takes to provide responses to such booking applications, are as follows:
(1)Booking hours: Designated first sales day for the train (same date during the preceding month of the train's departure date from the first station; if the same date does not exist during the preceding month, the following rules shall apply: Bookings for trains leaving on March 29, 30 and 31 will be accepted starting March 1. Bookings for trains leaving on May 31 will be accepted starting May 1. Bookings for trains leaving on July 31 will be accepted starting July 1. Bookings for trains leaving on October 31 will be accepted starting October 1. Bookings for trains leaving on December 31 will be accepted starting December 1). The hours during which these bookings may be made are from 10:00 JST (Japan Standard Time) of the date whereon the acceptance of booking begins, until 23:40 JST of the day which is three days before the day of the train's departure date.
(2)Responses: Determined separately by the Company.
- The Company shall provide a response, either on its website or by e-mail, to booking applications made by Members.
Article 4 (Consummation of Contract)
- A contract for purchasing Reserved Seat Tickets shall be consummated and become effective when the Company indicates on the website or sends an e-mail message to indicate that the Member's booking has been confirmed.
- Contracts pertaining to transportation stipulated in the Passenger Sales Regulations relating to Reserved Seat Tickets as provided for in Article 1, Section 1 shall be consummated at such time as credit card settlement of the price of the pertinent tickets is received and the tickets are delivered.
- The date indicated on Reserved Seat Tickets purchased using the Service shall be the date on which the Member actually picked up the tickets, regardless of the date on which the contract had been consummated. Similarly, the date for debiting the Credit Card used for payment will also be the date on which the Member actually picked up the Reserved Seat Tickets.
Article 5 (Issuance of Reserved Seat Tickets)
- Reserved Seat Tickets held for Members can be picked up at JR Ticket Office (Midori-no-madoguchi), Travel Service Center or Information Center counters (these are hereinafter referred to as "Ticket Counters"), as well as our reserved seat ticket vending machines at stations specified by the Company. The Ticket Counters at which Reserved Seat Tickets can be received are limited; available Ticket Counters will be listed on the website at such time as reservation is made. Tickets will not be issued from anywhere other than Ticket Counters at JR East and JR Hokkaido stations, as well as Ticket Counters at Toyama and Kanazawa stations in the JR West area.
Note: When using a Rail Pass to book a reserved seat ticket, the ticket should be picked up within the valid area of the pass. Picking up the ticket outside the valid area will result in a reserved seat charge as though the pass were not being used.
- Please present your reservation number, and your Credit Card, which was registered with the site during the member registration, when you arrive at the Ticket Counter to pick up your Reserved Seat Tickets held for you. The Credit Card is then used in the ticket-issuing machine to issue your Reserved Seat Tickets.
Reserved tickets can be picked up from reserved seat ticket vending machines but limited only to passengers who do not wish to use excursion type passes*.
- The hours during which you can pick up Reserved Seat Tickets being held for you at a Ticket Counter (such hours hereinafter referred to as "Ticket Counter Issuing Hours") are determined by the Company separately hereto.
- The deadline for picking up Reserved Seat Tickets being held for you shall be a time on the day preceding that of the train's departure, the time of day to be specified by the Company.
- If a Member fails to pick up the Reserved Seat Tickets by the pick-up deadline, the reservation for those tickets shall be deemed cancelled and the cancellation fee set by the Company shall be charged to the Member's credit card as a single payment without acquiring the Member's signature, regardless of the payment method provided in the article below. Reserved Seat Tickets and Credit Card payment record slips will not be issued in this case.
Holders of the excursion type pass* are also charged a cancellation fee if their reservations are cancelled.
- The Company assumes no liability or responsibility whatsoever, for a Member's failure to pick up Reserved Seat Tickets held for the Member in time, even if failure to do so is due to cancellations, delays or re-routing of flights (or other transportation) taken by such Member.
Article 6 (Methods of Payment)
Payment for Reserved Seat Tickets booked and purchased through this Service must be made using the Credit Card registered at such time as the Member signed up for membership, and by the methods specified by the Company.
Article 7 (Application of Individual Discounts)
- JR-EAST shareholder's discounts and other discounts (hereinafter referred to as "Discount") offered by the Company, may be used for the purchase of Reserved Seat Tickets booked through this Service. This Service may also be used to book reserved seats for an excursion type pass* and special fare tickets such as specially priced conditional tickets (hereinafter referred to as "Special Fare Tickets").The Reserved Seat Tickets booked through this Service in all of these situations are handled as Reserved Seat Tickets held for Members until they are picked up at a Ticket Counter.
- When a Member applies a Discount to a purchase, the Company shall bill the Member's Credit Card the amount resulting from the deduction of the amount of Discount from the sales price.
- A valid Discount voucher or Special Fare Ticket must be presented to the Ticket Counter when picking up Reserved Seat Tickets, to apply Discount or Special Fare Ticket.
- Please note that even if a Member wishes to apply a Discount or a Special Fare Ticket to the purchase price of Reserved Seat Tickets, if (1) a Discount was not applicable for the particular booking; (2) a Special Fare Ticket was not presented at the Ticket Counter; or (3) a booking was made for the blockout period of the applicable Discount or Special Fare Ticket, then Discounts will not be applied, and the full amount will be charged for the Reserved Seat Tickets.
- Please note that a fee shall be charged for refunds on booked Reserved Seat Tickets, even if a Member decides not to purchase the tickets because the price deduction with Discounts or Special Fare Ticket was not applicable.
Article 8 (Refunds for, Changes to Reserved Seat Tickets in Holding)
- Refunds for Reserved Seat Tickets held for Members can be made only if an application for a refund is made on the specified web page at least two days before boarding the relevant train and by a time established separately by East Japan Railway Company. The Company will not issue a transaction record slip to Members even if a refund is made to a Credit Card account.
- When a refund is made on booked Reserved Seat Tickets held for Members, the refund fees prescribed by the Company and applicable at the time of refund application shall be charged based on the assumption of non-discounted tickets. Such fees shall be charged to the Member's Credit Card in a single payment without the Member's signature regardless of the payment method provided in Article 6. The hours during which such refunds may be made shall be the hours stipulated by the Company separately hereto.
- Details of Reserved Seat Tickets held for Members can only be changed by purchasing new Reserved Seat Tickets and applying for a refund on the already booked tickets. Please note that these applications are subject to deadlines.
Article 9 (Procedures in the Event of a Member's Withdrawal from JR-EAST Train Reservation Membership)
When a Member ceases to be a member of the Train Reservation site, all Reserved Seat Tickets held for the Member at that time (if any) shall be deemed subject to application for refund, and all refund charges applicable at that time shall be charged to the Member's Credit Card in a single payment without the Member's signature regardless of the payment method provided in Article 6.
Article 10 (Suspension of Service Provision to Members Due to Violation)
The Company will suspend all provision of the Service to a Member if the Company determines that the Member has violated this Service Agreement.
Article 11 (Changes to the Service Agreement)
The Company reserves the right to change or terminate the Service Agreement at its sole discretion, without prior notice to Members. Once these changes or modifications have become effective, such changes or modifications shall supersede any and all applicable provisions of this Service Agreement previously in effect.
Article 12 (Commencement of the Service Agreement)
This Service Agreement shall be effective from the 25th day of March in the year 2008, Japan Standard Time.
Partial amendment and same day implementation on October 15, 2008.
Partial amendment and same day implementation on February 1, 2017.
Partial amendment and same day implementation on September 5, 2018.