This service on JR-EAST Train Reservation, operated online by East Japan Railway Company (hereinafter referred to as "the Company"), is a sales service of train tickets (for the types of train tickets sold for individual travel, including those as otherwise specified by the Company, as set forth in the special transportation conditions based on Article 22 Section 2 Item 1 in the Company's Regulations on Passenger Operations [April 1987 East Japan Railway Company Public Announcement No. 4, hereinafter "Passenger Regulations"]) as specified by the Company. By using this service, you agree to all the provisions and conditions of this agreement, so please read all of its stipulations carefully.
To use this service, you must first agree with this agreement after registering as a JR-EAST Train Reservation member from the JR-EAST Train Reservation member registration page in the manner specified by the Company.
The terminology used in this agreement shall hold equal significance with that of the Company's Passenger Regulations, unless otherwise specified in this agreement.
- Article 1 Definitions
In this agreement, the following terms are used with the following meanings.
- 1. "JR-EAST Train Reservation" is the website operated online by the Company to provide each service.
- 2. "Each Service" refers to the provision of reservation services, etc. for which information is provided (hereinafter referred to as "Various Reservation Services") on JR-EAST Train Reservation and Individual Services related to Various Reservation Services, such as the posting of information and the forwarding of applications from users.
- 3. "Service Providers" refers to the entities providing Each Service on JR-EAST Train Reservation.
- 4. "Users" refers to the customers who access JR-EAST Train Reservation and receive Each Service.
- 5. "Members" refers to Users who have registered their personal information, such as their user ID and password (hereinafter referred to as "Member Data") as specified by the Company or Service Providers to use member-exclusive services on JR-EAST Train Reservation and whose registration as Users has been approved by the Company. The member registration method and information on the handling of Member Data are as specified separately in the JR-EAST Train Reservation Membership Agreement.
- Article 3 Handling of Member Data
The Member Data and information acquired by each Service Provider when Each Service is used by a User and the handling of this information are as stated in the basic policies on the handling of personal information specified separately by the Company, the JR-EAST Train Reservation Membership Agreement, and this agreement.
- Article 8 Using the Various Reservation Services
Users will adhere to the Individual Terms set forth separately by Service Providers in regards to the reservations for the Various Reservation Services and the cancellation of reservation/application content and related processes, as well as other various reservation service usage methods, the conclusion timing of contracts, and the interruption, suspension and discontinuation of the Various Reservation Services.
- Article 12 Handling of inquiries
Questions from Users about Each Service will be accepted by the Company or the Company's consignment company, and the contact information will be displayed on JR-EAST Train Reservation. The Company and its consignees may record the contents of the questions received in writing, but the records will be handled in accordance with Article 3 of this agreement.
- Article 13 Types of train tickets handled by this service
The range of tickets handled by this service and the number of tickets that can be purchased collectively through this service are determined separately by the Company.
- Article 16 Payment methods
Payments for this service must be made using a credit card and via the method specified by the Company. The credit card must be one of the cards below and in the Member's name. Any terms set forth by each credit card company will be followed. If a payment cannot be completed due to a maxed out card or other issues, the purchase application for train tickets will not be concluded. The Company may still reject any one of the cards listed below.
- (1) VIEW CARD
- (2) JCB
- (3) VISA
- (4) Mastercard
- (5) American Express
- (6) Diners Club
- Article 20 Changing tickets
Tickets purchased on JR-EAST Train Reservation cannot be changed. After applying for a refund, please make a new purchase. Please note that refunds for tickets will be subject to the fees prescribed in this agreement and the Passenger Regulations.
- Article 23 Handling system failures
If a system failure occurs on JR-EAST Train Reservation that cannot be handled based on this agreement, Members shall follow the directions from the Company or related passenger railway companies, notices posted on JR-EAST Train Reservation, and any other notices designated by the Company.
- Article 24 Temporary suspensions of this service
The Company may temporarily suspend this service to perform system maintenance. In such cases, notifications will be sent in the manner described in advance by the Company, except in emergencies or when not otherwise possible.
- Article 26 Using Member information
The Company may provide the items provided by the User when using this service and the information obtained in the process of using this service to related passenger railway companies, etc. to provide this service, and the members agree to this.
- Article 27 Handling of membership cancellation when there is a pending reservation
Membership cannot be canceled when there is a pending reservation.
- Article 28 Time display
The times described in this agreement are all according to Japanese Standard Time.
- Service Agreement effective date
This agreement is effective as of March 25, 2008 (Japan Standard Time) and shall be enforced accordingly.
Partially revised on October 15, 2008, effective as of the same date
Partially revised on February 1, 2017, effective as of the same date
Partially revised on September 5, 2018, effective as of the same date
Partially revised on February 16, 2019, effective as of the same date
Partially revised on March 16, 2019, effective as of the same date
Partially revised on August 30, 2019, effective as of the same date
Partially revised on February 14, 2020, effective as of the same date
Partially revised on March 14, 2020, effective as of the same date
Partially revised on March 30, 2020, effective as of the same date
Partially revised on June 30, 2020, effective as of the same date
Partially revised on June 27, 2021, effective as of the same date
(Effective from April 1, 2021 for trial users)